It seems as if we have been talking about a new web site forever! Forever may be a bit of an exaggeration but it has been almost 3 years (May 2011) since we actually started working on creating this new web site. It's taken a lot of negotiating, planning, designing, re-designing, construction, tweaking and who knows what else to get here. And somehow it seems fitting (but not sure how) that it launches on Tax Day - April 15th.
We hope you will take time to explore the site, visit the different pages and learn the new features it contains:
- 4 separate blogs:
- More Than Books (general library blog)
- Novel Concepts (adult books)
- Kids Corner (Children's blog)
- Y Not (Teens blog)
- Electronic newsletters that you can subscribe to receive news on new titles in your area of interest
- Separate pages for our different audiences with news and books specific to those readers
- Web Calendar with features we're still exploring
- And other features which still need tweaking but they're coming
We would love to hear from you (one of the features that still needs work). So tell us what you like, what you don't like, and other things you would like to see included. We will look at all your comments and suggestions and work to make this site patron friendly. But don't forget, it's as new to us as it is to you so changes may be a little slow to appear as we learn how to manage our new site. Happy browsing!!